Advertisement

Dec 14, 2010

Big Bird lands in China to help kids deal with disasters

Big Bird visited Beijing today (Dec. 14) to help kick off a new outreach to produce and distribute emergency response and preparedness content for children and their families in China. “A flood came through Sesame Street and destroyed my nest,” Big Bird said. “It was really scary. But the good thing is that it didn’t hurt any of my friends and they all helped me make a new home. Today I found out about what other things we could do to keep safe and how we can help each other when something like that happens. Gosh, I can’t wait to tell all my friends what I learned!” The educational materials addressing needs before and after a natural disaster feature Big Bird and his Sesame Street neighbors.

No comments: